Letter of motivation für eine Uni in den USA

Hallo zusammen, ich muss ein Motivationsschreiben für eine Uni in den USA fertig machen, habe dies aber noch nie gemacht. Ich habe jetzt einfach mal losgelegt und würde mir wünschen, dass ihr über meinen ersten Entwurf mal drüberschaut. Was kann ich ergänzen, was weglassen? Und wo sind meine zahlreichen Fehler? :smile:

Dear Sir or Madam,The wish to study abroad appeared several times during my study of electrical engineering, unfortunately it is never happened. I regret that I, till now, never took the chances for an international exchange. Today I am writing to you, because I am more determined than ever to realize my plans. A stay in a foreign country is a unique experience, which let grow your personality in an incomparable way. To organize your living on your own in a new country with a different culture is a great challenge that I am ready to accept. Many friends visited already international universities and have grown in maturity and independence.
Obviously the best opportunity to learn the English language it is to visit an English-speaking country like the United States of America.I chose to study in USA since it is the most interesting state outside from Europe and that for different reasons: The way of life and the way of thinking is different. In USA is a great optimism, everybody thinks positively and through that everything is possible. I like that. Additionally international students in the United States tell that the American citizens are so open-hearted and helpful, that a lot of friendships will arise in a short time.
The USA is just a proud country with a significant history, an influential policy and great economy. The most successful companies as well as the most renowned universities are settled in USA and that makes the country so attractive.With this letter of motivation I want to apply for the University and Professional Studies Program in spring quarter 2015 at University of California in San Diego. It is settled in California, one of the economical most powerful and multifaceted states in USA. The UCSD has an excellent reputation, belongs to the best state universities of the country and offers a multiplicity of courses. The good education guarantees great new knowledge around my chosen courses.
The experiences of international students of the UCSD proof, that the university and its environment are perfect for a good learning.Me as an open-minded person will integrate quickly in student life at UCSD. My previous results and courses at my home university Hochschule Niederrhein should indicate that I am a disciplined and determined student. I think that is an important base to start at an ambitious university. I hope I could convince you to give me the chance I am reaching for. I would be an honor to represent the UCSD as an international student.