Motivationsschreiben auf Englisch

Hallo liebe Experten,

ich habe es jetzt mal selbst probiert, ein Motivationsschreiben auf englisch zu verfassen und würde mich freuen, wenn ihr mal rübergucken könntet. Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Application for an internship abroad at XY AG in New York

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to introduce myself as a proper candidate for an internship abroad at XY AG in New York and illustrate my motivation in detail.

Currently, I am studying Business Administration (B.A.) in the seventh semester at the XY University with the specialization in marketing and information technology. In the course of my academic studies I have a job as a student employee in the field of order management at XY AG in Berlin.

After my graduation I aim for a position at XY AG. To fulfill this position at the best and to be prepared for the daily work in an international environment, I would like to absolve an internship abroad.

Thus I hope to get the chance to deepen my skills in a very fast and efficient way. Since I have never been on a different continent I would now like to look at a wider picture and dive into the fascinating world of America. XY provides a great opportunity to discover the American culture as well as gained first experience about how to deal with other cultures in the workaday life.

While travelling to Great Britain I have already had the chance to use and improve my language skills. I would like to seize the opportunity to meet new people and build up an international contact network.
I am convinced that through my academic knowledge and my interest in getting to know a foreign culture, I am well suited as a candidate for an internship and I would spend the stay abroad continually motivated and committed.

If you have any further questions I am always at your disposal. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Habe ein paar Korrekturen durchgeführt… bitte schön!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to introduce myself as a genuine candidate for an internship abroad at XY AG in New York and illustrate to you my motivation in detail.

Currently, I am studying Business Administration (B.A.) in the seventh semester at the XY University, Berlin, majoring in marketing and information technology. In the course of my academic studies I have a job as a student employee in the field of Order Management at XY AG in Berlin.

After my graduation I will be pursuing a career with XY AG. To fulfill this position to the best of my ability and to be prepared for daily tasks in an international environment, I would like to absolve an internship with XY AG, New York.

Thus I hope to get the chance to improve my skills in a very fast and efficient way. Since I have never been in the U.S.A. I would now like to expand my horizons and get to know the fascinating world of America. XY would provide a great opportunity to discover the American culture as well as to gain first-hand experience in how to do business on a daily basis in another culture setting.

While travelling to Great Britain I have already had the chance to use and improve my English language skills. I would like to seize the opportunity to meet new people and set up an international contact network.
I am convinced that through my academic knowledge and my interest in getting to know a foreign culture, I am well suited as a candidate for an internship and I would spend the time abroad continually motivated and committed.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,

danke danke danke :smile: das klingt echt schon viel besser :smile:) vielen dank für deine mühe!

Schaut ganz gut, ich denke es passt so.
LG
effeso

Hallo,

ich kann aus Zeitgründen erst am Wochenende ausführlicher antworten, wenn gewünscht. Hört sich sehr gut an, ginge höchstens um einige stilistische Kleinigkeiten.
Gruß
W.

Vielen Dank! :smile:

super danke :smile:

Schaut ganz gut, ich denke es passt so.
LG
effeso

1 Like

Hallo,

Anbei meine leicht geänderte Version. Das Englisch im Text ist aber bereits ganz gut. :wink:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to introduce myself as a proper candidate for an internship abroad at XY AG in New York and illustrate my motivation in detail.

Currently, I am studying Business Administration (B.A.) in the seventh semester at the XY University Berlin with a specialization in marketing and information technology. In the course of my academic studies I have (kommt das noch? Dann richtig. Ist es schon geschehen, dann „had“ statt „have“) a job as a student employee in the field of order management at XY AG in Berlin.

After my graduation I aim for a position at XY AG. To fulfill this position at the best and to be prepared for the daily work in an international environment, I would like to do an internship abroad.

Thus I hope to get the chance to deepen my skills in a very fast and efficient way. Since I have never been on a different continent I would now like to broaden my perspective by diving into the fascinating world of America. XY provides a great opportunity to discover the American culture as well as to gain first experience about how to deal with other cultures in the workday life.

While travelling to Great Britain I have already had the chance to use and improve my language skills. I would like to seize the opportunity to meet new people and build up an international contact network.
I am convinced that through my academic knowledge and my interest in getting to know foreign cultures, I am well suited as a candidate for an internship and I would spend the stay abroad continually motivated and committed.

If you have any further questions I am always at your
disposal. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely, (ich würde hier Yours faithfully benutzen, ausser es ist jemand den man persönlich kennt)

Änderungen waren klein, ansonsten sieht es gut aus. Viel Glück mit der Bewerbung!

greets,
Solanum

Hallo,der Text ist durchweg sehr gut formuliert.allein bleibt die Frage,ob es so sinnvoll ist zu erwähnen ,das man gerne bei XY arbeiten möchte.das wäre vielleicht besser das evtl. wegzulassen,da ja bekannt ist das Du bereits dort Praktika in Berlin gemacht hast.(besser:vielleicht das nochmal genauer erzählen,was Du da gemacht hast)
Viele Firmen sehen das eben auch gerne,das ihre Mitarbeiter auch mal woanders gearbeitet haben,und somit über Weitblick verfügen.Deswegen weiß ich nicht,wie die das auffassen,wenn hier ein falscher Eindruck entsteht:
Grüße und alles Gute :martin

Vielen lieben Dank für die Mühe :smile:

Hm daran habe ich gar nicht gedacht. Werde das auf jeden Fall korrigieren. Danke! :smile:

hallo nochmal,was mir gerade noch einfällt:inhaltlich:
beim 3.mal durchlesen,fiel mir auch noch auf,das Deine
Beschreibung der Motivation in USA arbeiten zu wollen,auch so ein bißchen den Eindruck erwecken könnte ,es ginge Dir um eine Art Urlaubsreise oder um eine Erfahrung die Du „nur“ abhaken wolltest.
Also :beschreibe doch mal für Dich was Du dort eigentlich fachlich dort erwartest,und beschäftige Dich mal intensiver mit deren Fachgebieten,denn fishing for compliments funktioniert auch dann immer besonders gut,wenn Du bereits dem Gegenüber zu verstehen gibst,das Du inhaltlich Dich mit deren Fachgebieten beschäftigt hast,ohne besserwisserisch zu wirken.
Viel Spaß Gruß M.

Hm daran habe ich gar nicht gedacht. Werde das auf jeden Fall
korrigieren. Danke! :smile:

Hallo liebe Experten,

ich habe es jetzt mal selbst probiert, ein
Motivationsschreiben auf englisch zu verfassen und würde mich
freuen, wenn ihr mal rübergucken könntet. Vielen Dank im
Voraus!

Hallo,
leider war ich krank, aber jetzt! Ich habe meine Korrekturen durch Klammern kenntlich gemacht. Der einzige grobe Fehler ist die Art der Abschiedsfloskel, und bisher war es so, dass in englischen Geschäftsbriefen der Betreff nach der Anrede kam. Das ändert sich aber gerade… Beim Rest ist vieles Geschmackssache. Die Amis mögen es ja, wenn man dick aufträgt…
Gruß und viel Glück
W.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to introduce myself as a proper (better: adequate) candidate for an
internship abroad at XY AG in New York and illustrate my
motivation in detail.

Currently, I am studying Business Administration (B.A.) in the
seventh semester at the XY University Berlin
with (the - weglassen) specialization in marketing and information
technology. In the course of my academic studies I have (wenn der Job schon gewesen ist: have had) a job
as a student employee in (the field of - kann man weglassen) order management at
XY AG in Berlin.

After my graduation I aim for a position at XY AG. To
fulfill this position at the best and to be prepared for the
daily work in an international environment, I would like to
absolve an internship abroad.

(Thus - old-fashioned) In this way I hope to get the chance to deepen my skills in a very
fast and efficient way. Since I have never been on a different
continent I would now like to look at a wider picture and dive
into the fascinating world of America. XY provides a
great opportunity to discover the American culture as well as
to gain first experience about how to deal with other cultures
in the (workaday_wird nicht häufig verwendet)everyday life.

While travelling to Great Britain I have already had the
chance to use and improve my language skills. I would like to
seize the opportunity to meet new people and build up an
international contact network.
I am convinced that through my academic knowledge and my
interest in getting to know a foreign culture, I am well
suited as a candidate for an internship and I would spend the
stay abroad continually motivated and committed.

If you have any further questions I am always at your
disposal. I look forward to hearing from you.

(:Yours sincerely, nur wenn man den Namen der Personen kennt und in der Anrede verwendet hat, sonst:smile:
Yours faithfully

Vielen lieben Dank für deine Mühe Wilma! :smile:

LG

hmm… interessant, ich werd nochmal drüberschauen. danke :smile:

hallo nochmal:
bezugnehmend auf meine letzte Einlassung wollte ich noch hinzufügen,die Frage ,die in jedem Vorstellungsgespräch kommt,und auch in Deinem Gespräch in USA kommen wird:
Warum wollen Sie ausgerechnet zu uns ?
Es gibt doch so viele Möglichkeiten weltweit Karriere zu machen?
Solche Frage solte man natürlich wie aus der Pistole geschossen,beantworten können,(am Besten:
auswendiglernen!)
Wenn Du dann mal wieder zurück bist,schreibe doch mal,wie Dein Vorstellungsgespräch war.
Grüße von Martin

hmm… interessant, ich werd nochmal drüberschauen. danke :smile:

sorry, das habe ich zu spät gesehen, ynot

Hallo Jerome,

ich möchte mein Motivationsschreiben und meinen Lebenslauf in einer Mail einleiten. Ich hab es wie folgt versucht:

Betreff: Internship in your company

Dear … ,

I am hereby applying for an internship in your company beginning from mid April to October (six months).
Please find enclosed two attached PDF files including my cover letter an resume.

Sincerely,

Ist das so ok, oder sollte ich was ändern? Über eine schnelle Antwort würde ich mich sehr freuen! Danke im Voraus!

LG