Korrektur meines 'Cover Letters'

Hallo,
ich werde mich bei meiner Heimatuniversität um einen Austauschplatz mit einer unserer Amerikanischen Partneruniversitäten bewerben und muss dazu einen Cover Letter verfassen. Er sollte grob erklären warum ich gerne ins Ausland möchte, warum USA und warum ich qualifiziert bin etc. Es wäre prima, wenn mir ein Native oder ein Fast-Native meinen Letter korrekturlesen könnte und evt. Fehler verbessern. Vielleicht hat ja jemand auch noch Verbesserungsvorschläge den Inhalt betreffend.

Hier der Letter:
Dear Prof. …,

I am writing to apply for the place as exchange student at J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University, USA. The extensive range of program options at Robinson College, its good reputation and close relation to Atlanta’s international companies, the diverse and international student body and its welcoming internet presence for exchange students, made me chose this college as my 1st preference for my semesters abroad.

I am currently studying “International Economic Law” in my 3rd semester at the …University in … This field of study qualifies me not only in the field of economics, but also in legal requirements which are one of the most important factors affecting business today. I believe that this credential combined with my great interest in improving my cross-cultural ethics make me a strong candidate for the place you are offering.

I consider this year abroad as a possibility to broaden my education and life experience in an international setting as well as to enhance my long-term career prospects. It is also a wonderful opportunity not only to improve my language skills but to submerge in another culture and to share its world, its tradition, and its ideas. For those reasons, the USA, as one of the leading nations with regard to economics and as the country with the world’s largest international student population, is most suitable for this purpose. My keen interest in spending an academic year in a university in the USA was further strengthened by the overall positive experience I made while spending one week in an American High School in Warsaw in 2004. Furthermore, I have a strong intellectual curiosity to make my own experiences regarding the American way of life. I am especially interested in the learning conditions at American Universities, which provide students a perfect study environment, due to close collaboration with the teaching professors and small class sizes.

J. Mack Robinson College of Business offers me exactly what I expect from my prospective hosting university: well-trained faculty staff, an extensive range of contemporary courses while maintaining small class sizes, close partnership to the located multinational companies and an international student body. The courses “??”, “??” and “??” offered by the University’s College of Business have particularly awaken my interest.
I am aware that one of the goals of studying abroad is to interact with local and international students. I would be happy to take an active part in the University’s community, enrich the international student body and do my share in improving the German-American relations.

I would welcome the opportunity to further talk to you about my application. Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

ich freue mich auf eure Antworten! Danke!!

Hallo,

eine Möglichkeit:

Dear Prof. …,

I am writing to you to apply for a place as exchange student at J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University, USA. It was the extensive range of program options at Robinson College, its good reputation and close connections to Atlanta’s international companies, the diverse and international student body and its friendly (accecible) internet presence for students, that made this college my first choice for overseas studies.

I am currently studying “International Economic Law” in my 3rd semester at the …University in … This field of study qualifies me not only in the field of economics, but also in legal matters relating to business. I believe that these credentials combined with my great interest in improving my cross-cultural ethics (was willst du damit eigentlich sagen – klingt nach leerer Worthülse) make me a strong candidate for the place you are offering.

I consider this year abroad as a possibility to broaden my education and experience in an international setting as well as a chance to enhance my long-term career prospects. It is also a wonderful opportunity to improve my language skills and to submerge in a different culture and thus to share the traditions and ideas of a foreign country. For those reasons, the USA, as one of the leading nations of the world with regard to economics and as the country with the world’s largest international student population, is most suitable for my purpose. My keen interest in spending an academic year in a university in the US was further strengthened by the overall positive experience I made while spending one week in an American High School in Warsaw in 2004. Furthermore, I have a strong intellectual curiosity to experience the American way of life for myself. I am especially interested find out about the learning conditions at American universities, which provide students with a perfect (woher weißt du, wenn du sie erst kennenlernen willst? das klingt nach “schleimen”) study environment, due to close collaboration with the teaching professors and small class sizes.

J. Mack Robinson College of Business offers exactly what I expect from my prospective host university: well-trained faculty staff, an extensive range of contemporary courses while maintaining small class sizes, close partnership to the located (? meinst du local?) multinational companies and an international student body. The courses “??”, “??” and “??” offered by the University’s College of Business have particularly aroused my interest.
I am aware that one of the goals of studying abroad is to interact with local and international students. I would be happy to take an active part in the university community (or: in campus life), enrich the international student body and do my share in improving German-American relations.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you in more detail about my application. Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Gruß
Elke

Danke für deine schnelle Antwort.

„was willst du damit eigentlich schreiben, klingt nach leerer Worthülse“
Ich wollte eigentlich ausdrücken, dass ich nicht nur fachlich, sondern auch persönlich geeignet für diesen Austausch bin. Aber ich wollte da jetzt auch nicht ewig meinen Charakter beschreiben.
Soll ich den Satz ganz weglassen?
Hat jemand noch eine Verbesserungsidee?

Liebe Grüße, Andrea

Hallo,

Ich wollte eigentlich ausdrücken, dass ich nicht nur fachlich,
sondern auch persönlich geeignet für diesen Austausch bin.
Aber ich wollte da jetzt auch nicht ewig meinen Charakter
beschreiben…

Was sind cross-cultural ethics (soll das heißen, dass du kein Rassist bist?)? Ich verstehe es wirklich nicht.
Falls du es nicht näher definieren kannst, lass es weg.
Oder formuliere total um.

Gruß
Elke