Nelson Mandela Interview

Hallo,könnt ihr euch mal mein Interview durchlesen über Nelson Mandela und könnt ihr mal schauen ob Fehler drin sind oder Sachen die ihr nicht versteht?

Es geht darum, dass es so verständlich wie möglich ist.

Ich wäre euch sehr dankbar!

Good day ladies and gentleman,
herewith we appreciate you to our Outlandishnews of ARD. We have a especial guest here in Berlin, but today we have a legend who fights against the Apartheid. Appreciate with us : Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela:
Hello, thanks, thanks.

Reporter A:
Hello, nice to meet you!

Nelson Mandela:
Nice to meet you!

Reporter B:
Did you arrive well? It was a long journey from Johannesburg to Berlin.

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, but my plane had lateness, but I arrive punctually. It was a relaxing flight.

Reporter A:
Yes, we are happy, that you come to us. We would adept something about you and your life. You are a famous person, in your country you are a hero. Can you tell something about you, because some people dont know you.

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, no problem. My name ist Nelson Mandela. I am born 18. July 1918 in the Transkei. The Transkei is in South Africa. I have some pictures from my home country. It is not my village where I had live, but the pictures show a good insight from my home country. I am the fourth son in my family. I went to school first of all in my family. The biggest part of my life I fought against the Apatheid in South Africa. Thereby I have been so famous, but to help the people stand in the foreground.

Reporter A:
You didn’t have nice college years. Can you tell us why and how was your school process?

Nelson Mandela:
I was on a normal school, then on the college and after this I was on the university. On the university I was early political activ. Durant the study I know my friend Oliver Tambo. Because of a study strike we were bannished from the university.

Reporter B:
What did you do after this?

Nelson Mandela:
I went to Johannesburg and I worked in a law office, this allow me Walter Sisulu, this is a friend.

Reporter B:
You was against the Apartheid, do you have therefore form the ANC?

Nelson Mandela:
This was only the chance for me to do something aganinst the Apartheid with many people. Alone I have no chance, therefore I am very thankful for the people who had helped me.

Reporter A:
What did you open with Tambo?

Nelson Mandela:
We opend a law office, the particular was , that we were the first blacks who opened a law office of this kind. We were proud about this and us, it was a hope , that the black people will coordinate with white people.

Reporter B:
I read in your curriculum that you was 1952 arrested. The media reports were big. What happend correctly? The people much conjectured about this .

Nelson Mandela:
Well, the ANC thrilled much sensation by the government with my campaign. We were a thorn in the eye from the government in this time. The campaign was called , Defiance-Campaign“. The ANC helped me in this time and this was a clearly announcement against the Apartheid. Then they come and arrested me, extremely brutal. I will not forget it. Until I became a answer from the government, I sit in prison. The I was ordered under , banish order“ , which forbid me any political activities.

Reporter A:
But you didnt close your campaign?

Nelson Mandela:
No, if I had done this, it has been all for nothing. To the luck it was only this , banish order“. Did they bring me directly in the prison, it had been worse. So, I could still act. I hide me with the help from friends so I could act.

Reporter B:
Be left thereby?

Nelson Mandela:
Not realy, the governement wanted to see me in prison. The process runs after this, which were very long. I fight against the law court, but it was clearly partial. After five years I was free.

Reporter A:
Why had been your organisation (ANC) banned and when?

Nelson Mandela:
1960 there was a demonstation from the ANC and the PAC. The PAC is splinter group from the ANC. On this day there were some conflicts between the government and our people. This end sadly bloody. Who began, I dont know. It was a chaos. A worse day.

Reporter B:
Do you was thereby?

Nelson Mandela:
No, not at this time, I travelled through the country and organized strikes. Naturally I act from the underground and I hide me from the police. I try to avoid furthermore arrests.

Reporter A:
Did support you the ANC while this time?

Nelson Mandela: The ANC was busied with itself and started to begin the armed combat against the government.

Reporter B: How did you come into captivity ones more?

Nelson Mandela: I returned to home some day to organized more strikes but the government knew from my intention. I would visit my familiy but the police was waiting for me. I don’t know why the government know from it.

Reporter A: You were lifelongly convicted? How do you felt when you knew from the decision?

Nelson Mandela: First I didn’t have hope. I thought that all were lost and vainly. However I began again to believe that i will discharge and that I can carry on with my cause. I often prayed to god and he finally helped me.

Reporter B: How was the captivity for you?

Nelson Mandela: In the jail were catastrophic conditions but I always believed that this will have soon a end. I am bright that i had enough power for that.

Reporter A: What happened after 18 years capitivity?

Nelson Mandela: There began a worldwide campaign. The people were for it that the government should to let me go. Firstly I got a deal that mean I will only get freedom if the ANC capitulates the fight against the government. But I didn’t want that therefore I refused to do it. The public pression was so big later that de Klerk let me go.

Reporter B: When were you selected to the president of ANC?

Nelson Mandela: That was in 1990.

Reporter A: What did you effect in this position?

Nelson Mandela: I could conduct negotiations with the government because of this position. It was a back and forth but I could bring so the government to repeal the last law of apartheid. That was a big success for us.

Reporter B: For what did you get a Nobel Peace Price in 1993?

Nelson Mandela: Oh the price. The price was awarded me for my politcal commitment for democracy and abgrogation of the last law of apartheid. Butt he result was more important for me as the price.

Reporter A: How did you get to the first state president of South Africa?

Nelson Mandela: Quite simply. In 1994 were the first countrywide free democratic selections. I had the majority. I had the feeling that the people was positived from me.

Reporter B: What defined the condition which you produced?

Nelson Mandela: To the condition you must say that it is the most liberal condition of the world. Hereon I am very proud. It defines chiefly the equation of all ethnic groups. The rest is too extensive to explain.

Reporter A: Okay, why did you have passed on your second mandate?

Nelson Mandela: Due to my age. I did’nt feel me fit enough for the tasks of a president in 1998. These tasks don’t include only drink coffee or acceptilate a lot of laws. I was known to rise much through the region to help the people. The will is there but my body doesn’t cooperate more with me. Also my doctor recommended me that I should’nt stress my body.

Reporter B: Many viewers often ask themselves the question why you did all these. How did you round to doing that? You had conformed the apartheid how each other. But you didn’t do that. Thank God how one can say!

Nelson Mandela: Oh yes, that is a excellent question. You must know I already met the limit between black and white early in my childhood. It was terrible for me and I absolutely didn’t understand it why such a thing existed. I mean, why is a white colored human other than I? What do I have what he or she doesn’t have? Skills? They are also different for white humans if you differs so. Each Human have his own skills and that know we. What remain than? The color of the skin and general look? Because of my own experience I can say that the human has fear of that what he doesn’t know. What doesn’t conform to his association. You always see only white people in your childhood. But with 16 you see a black human. Are you promptly well meaning to him? No you are mistrustful because you never had seen a black human before.
It exist many factors which activate this enmity. We all know the storys: there were bathes for blacks or changing rooms and so on. These formed my childhood. Still I didn’t want a community which hold togehter no I wanted a mankind which hold together. But it didn’t exist. Therefore I already early politcal activ to fight against it.

Reporter A: Interesting. Say me, you spoke a little while ago about God and that he has give you spiritual power. Are you a believing human?

Nelson Mandela: Yes, the belief hold together the people, boost they but it can bring they to do realy silly things. If the belief doesn’t more exist whereof shall still one beliefs? It is unimagineable for me.

Reporter B: Didn’t see you your mission in the name of God? In the bible is also written „All humans are equal“

Nelson Mandela: No, I already thought of it but it doesn’t fit in my… how should I say… intention. I didn’t want to convert the people or bring they on my side. No! They should apprehend and understand. The belief comes from your heart and doesn’t from outside.

Reporter A: What are you doing nowadays? Do you rest on your last feats? Are you trying to forget your background?

Nelson Mandela: No, I can’t forget and displace my background. If I forget it then I would also forget this terriblenesses
which is linked with Apartheid. My grandma always said: Embosses are there so we remember on past days and don’t forget important things. Here is it the same. My Background remembers me on things what I had done and I’m proud on it. Also if it is adjunctive with fear and fright. Today I relax. I follow the news but I don’t have enough agency to do something. I will invited for some distincions or I should give an interview. But I enjoy the rest of my life. I enjoy that which doesn’t have anybody.

Reporter B: Thats sounds good. I think you are a happy man who finally changed his home how he had always wished it himself.

Nelson Mandela: Yes, so you can say it approximately. There is still always much to do although but I had contributed a little part for them.

Reporter A: Little part is good but it has cost you much power and nerves. Would you descripe the actual situation as peace in South Africa?

Nelson Mandela: Hmm… no, maybe the actual situation in South Africa is a peace but it always still exits the Apartheid on some places in South Africa as well one can’t identify it. The evil isn’t never sleeping…

Reporter B: Would you descripe yourself as a hero mister Mandela?

Nelson Mandela: No, I had done that what I must do. My skills and the help other people help me for that. Without some persons I had never reach my aim. Maybe I am a hero because I had the courage for that. But all people who helped are heros for me. If be a hero or doesn’t be a hero it is more important what is the result in the end of all them and what it brings for the people. This is simply more important.

Reporter A: Very interesting! But we don’t have enough time to ask more questions or discus more about interesting topics! You must leave us this night to take the next flight to a next interview.
Before we will cancel this interview what would you like to give the audience something to take along with them?

Nelson Mandela: You shouldn’t believe all what one tell or show you. Decide for themself or leave that a other person. Each person is respawnsible for itself and so it will be for ever. You do that what you are thinking is the right way and do that with your heart.

Reporter B: Thank you very much mister Mandela for this interview. We were happy about you and that you are released. We wish you a good homeward journey.

Nelson Mandela: Thanks no problem. I will be again in Germany in the next weeks maybe I will see you. Bye bye

Reporter A: Bye bye!

Hi Khensai

Ich habe mal einiges korrigiert, sehr viel leider überhaupt nicht verstanden und viel geraten.

Es werden sich sicherlich noch Experten melden.

Poste doch bitte Deine deutsche Originalversion- das vereinfacht alles sehr.

Gruß
Siân

Good day ladies and gentlemEn,
herewith we appreciate/welcome ? you to our Outlandish news=foreign news wenn du ausländische Nachrichten meinst? From ARD. We have a special guest here in Berlin, but today we have a legend who fights against Apartheid. Appreciate (?) Begrüßen ? = Welcome ohne with us : Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela:
Hello, thanks, thanks.

Reporter A:
Hello, nice to meet you!

Nelson Mandela:
Nice to meet you!

Reporter B:
Did you have a pleasant journey? It was a long journey from Johannesburg to Berlin.

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, but my plane was delayed, but I arrived punctually. It was a relaxing flight. (Sinn??)

Reporter A:
Yes, we are happy, that you are here. We would like to ask something about you and your life. You are a famous person; in your country you are a hero. Can you tell us something about you, because some people don’t know you?

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, no problem. My name is Nelson Mandela. I am born 18. July 1918 in the Transkei. The Transkei is in South Africa. I have some pictures from my home country. It is not my village where I lived, but the pictures show a good insight of my home country. I am the fourth son in my family. I was the first member of my family to go to school. Most of my life I fought against the Apartheid in South Africa. Hence I am so famous, but to help the people stand in the foreground. (Sinn?) Ruhm ist ihm nicht so wichtig?

Reporter A:
You didn’t have nice college years. Can you tell us why and what your education was like?

Nelson Mandela:
I went to a normal school, then to college and then I went to university. At university I became politically active early. During my studies I met my friend Oliver Tambo. Because of a student strike we were banished from the university.

Reporter B:

Nelson Mandela:
I went to Johannesburg and I worked in a law office, this allows me Walter Sisulu, this is a friend. (Sinn? allow = erlauben)

Reporter B:
You were against Apartheid, is that why you founded the ANC?

Nelson Mandela:
This was only the chance for me to do something against Apartheid with many people. Alone I had no chance; therefore I am very thankful to the people who have helped me.

Reporter A:

Nelson Mandela:
We opened a law office, the special thing was, that we were the first blacks who opened a law office of this kind. We were proud of this and us, it was a hope that the black people will “coordinate” (Sinn? zusammenarbeiten? dann cooperate) with white people.

Reporter B:
I read in your curriculum that you were arrested in1952. The media reports were big. What happened exactly? The people much “conjectured” (Sinn??) about this.

Nelson Mandela:
Well, the ANC was thrilled “much sensation by the government with my campaign” (Sinn? Viel Publicity?). We were a thorn in the eye of the government at this time. The campaign was called, Defiance-Campaign“. The ANC helped me during this time and this was a clear announcement against Apartheid. Then they came and arrested me, extremely brutally. I will not forget it. Until I received an answer from the government, I was in prison. There I was ordered under, banish order”, which forbade me any political activities.

Reporter A:
But you didn’t end your campaign?

Nelson Mandela:
No, if I had done this, it would have all been for nothing. Luckily it was only this, banish order“. “Did they bring me directly in the prison, it had been worse?” “Sinn?? Hätten sie mich ins Gefängnis gebracht?= If they had brought me directly to prison it would have been worse” So, I could still act. I hid with the help of friends so I could act.

Reporter B:
Be left thereby? ( Sinn?? Da hat man Sie in Ruhe gelassen? = Then the government left you in peace??)

Nelson Mandela:
Not really, the government wanted to see me in prison. The court case ran after this, which was very long. I fought against the court, but it was clearly partial. After five years I was free.

Reporter A:
Why was your organisation (ANC) banned and when?

Nelson Mandela:
1960 there was a demonstration by the ANC and the PAC. The PAC is a splinter group of the ANC. That day there were some conflicts between the government and our people. This sadly ended with violence. I don’t know who began. It was chaos, a terrible day.

Reporter B:
Do you was thereby? (Sinn? Waren sie dabei? – Were you there?)

Nelson Mandela:
No, not that time, I travelled through the country and organized strikes. Naturally I acted from the underground and I hid from the police. I tried to avoid being arrested again.
Reporter A:
Did support you the ANC during that time?

Nelson Mandela: The ANC was busy and had started to begin the armed combat against the government.

Reporter B: How were you arrested again?

Nelson Mandela: I returned to home one day to organize more strikes but the government knew about my intention. I wanted to visit my family but the police was waiting for me. I don’t know how the government knew.

Reporter A: You received a life sentence? How did you feel when you heard the decision?

Nelson Mandela: First I didn’t have hope. I thought that all was lost and in vain. However I began to believe again that I would be discharged and that I would be able to carry on with my cause. I often prayed to god and he finally helped me.

Nelson Mandela: In jail the conditions were catastrophic but I always believed that this would soon have an end. I am bright (Sinn???) that I had enough power for that.

Reporter A: What happened after 18 years of captivity?

Nelson Mandela: A worldwide campaign began. The people wanted the government should to let me free. Firstly I got a deal that meant I would only get freedom if the ANC capitulated their fight against the government. But I didn’t want that therefore I refused to do it. The public pressure was so big later that de Clerk let me go.

Nelson Mandela: I could conduct negotiations with the government because of this position. It was a back and forth but I could make the government to abandon the last law of apartheid. That was a big success for us.

Reporter B: What did you get a Nobel Peace Price in 1993 for?

Nelson Mandela: Oh the prize. The prize was awarded to me for my political commitment for democracy and abrogation of the last law of apartheid. But he results were more important for me than the price.

Reporter A: How did you become the first president of South Africa?

Nelson Mandela: Quite simply, in 1994 there were the first countrywide free democratic elections. I had the majority. I had the feeling that the people had a positive attitude towards me.

Reporter B: What defined the “condition”, (Was meinst Du?) which you produced?

Nelson Mandela: („To the condition you must say that it is the most liberal condition of the world. Hereon I am very proud. It defines chiefly the equation of all ethnic groups. The rest is too extensive to explain.“) Da vestehe ich nichts!

Reporter A: Okay, why didn’t you stand for election a second time?

Nelson Mandela: Due to my age. I didn’t feel fit enough for the tasks of a president in 1998. These tasks don’t include only drinking coffee or “accept late a lot of laws” Sinn?? I was known to travel much more through the regions to help the people. The will is there but my body doesn’t cooperate more with me. My doctor also recommended that I should relax.

Reporter B: Many viewers often ask themselves the question why you did all these things. How did you get round to doing that? “You had conformed the apartheid how each other. But you didn’t do that. Thank God how one can say!” ??Macht keinen Sinn

Nelson Mandela: Oh yes, that is an excellent question. You must know I already met the boundaries between black and white early in my childhood. It was terrible for me and I absolutely didn’t understand it why such a thing existed. I mean, why is a white human different than I? What do I have what he or she doesn’t have? Skills? They are also different for white humans if you differs so. Each human has his own skills and we know that. What remains then? The colour of the skin and general appearance? Because of my own experience I can say that the human only fears what he doesn’t know. “What doesn’t conform to his association?” Sinn?? You always only see white people in your childhood. But with 16 you see a black human. Are you promptly well meaning to him? No you are mistrustful because you have never seen a black human before.
Many factors exist, which activate this enmity. We all know the stories: there were baths for blacks or changing rooms and so on. These formed my childhood. Still I didn’t want one community, which sticks together- no I wanted mankind, which sticks together. But it didn’t exist. Therefore I already had to become politically active early on to fight against it.

Reporter A: Interesting. Tell me, you spoke about God a little while ago and that he has given you spiritual power. Are you a Christian?

Nelson Mandela: Yes, the belief holds the people together, boosts them but it can bring make them do really silly things. If the belief doesn’t exist – what shall one believe in? (Sinn?) It is unimaginable for me.

Reporter B: Didn’t see you your mission in the name of God? In the bible is also written „All humans are equal“

Nelson Mandela: No, I already thought of it but it doesn’t fit in my… how should I say… intention. I didn’t want to convert the people or bring them on my side. No! They should apprehend and understand. The belief comes from your heart and doesn’t come from outside.

Reporter A: What are you doing nowadays? Do you rest on your last feats? Are you trying to forget your background?

Nelson Mandela: No, I can’t forget and displace my background. If I forget it then I would also forget this terribleness, which is linked with Apartheid. My grandma always said: Embosses are there so we remember on past days and don’t forget important things. Here is it the same. My Background reminds me about things that I had done and I’m proud of it. Also if it is adjunctive with fear and fright. Today I relax. I follow the news but I don’t have enough agencies to do anything. “ I will invite for some distinctions or I should give an interview. But I enjoy the rest of my life. I enjoy that which doesn’t have anybody. “ Sinn?

Reporter B: That sounds good. I think you are a happy man who finally changed his home country the way he had always wished it to have been.

Nelson Mandela: Yes, so you can say it approximately. There is still always a lot to do although but I have contributed a little part.

Reporter A: Little part is good but it has cost you a lot of power and nerves. Would you describe the current situation as peace in South Africa?

Nelson Mandela: Hmm. no, maybe the current situation in South Africa is a peace but Apartheid still exists at some places in South Africa “as well one can’t identify it.” Sinn? The evil isn’t never sleeping…

Reporter B: Would you describe yourself as a hero Mr Mandela?

Nelson Mandela: No, I did what I had to do. My skills and the help of other people helped me with that. Without some people I would have never reached my aim. Maybe I am a hero because I had the courage for that. But all people who helped are heroes for me. If am a hero or am not a hero the result at the end of all counts and what it has brought for the people. This is simply more important.

Reporter A: Very interesting! But we don’t have enough time to ask more questions or discuss more about interesting topics! You must leave us tonight to take the next flight for the next interview.
Before we end this interview what advice would you like to give the audience?

Nelson Mandela: You shouldn’t believe everything what one tells or shows you. Decide for yourself and do not leave that to an other person. Each person is responsible for himself and it will be so forever. You do that what you are think is the right way and do that with your whole heart.

Reporter B: Thank you very much Mr Mandela for this interview. We are very happy that you were set free. We wish you a safe journey home.

Nelson Mandela: Thanks no problem. I will be again in Germany during the next weeks maybe I will see you again. Bye bye

Reporter A: Bye bye!

Hello again,

Good day

Ist der Radiomoderator Australier? Nur die und die Neuseeländer sagen „Good day“, alle anderen sagen: Good morning, good evening oder good afternoon.
ladies and gentleman,

herewith we appreciate you to our Outlandishnews of ARD.

Du meinst „willkommen heißen“ --> we welcome you
appreciate = zu schätzen wissen
und „herewith“ kann man schreiben, aber würde es im Zusammenhang nicht sagen.
Also ganz einfach:
We welcome you to our …
oder
We would like to welcome you to …

We
have a especial guest here in Berlin, but today we have a
legend who fights against the Apartheid.

Wieso „but“?
We have a special guest with us here in B, a legend who fought againt apartheid (er kämpft ja nicht mehr, sondern kämpfte).

Appreciate with us :
Welcome with us: NM

Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela:
Hello, thanks, thanks.

Reporter A:
Hello, nice to meet you!

Nelson Mandela:
Nice to meet you!

Reporter B:
Did you arrive well?

How was your flight?

It was a long journey from Johannesburg
to Berlin.

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, but my plane had lateness, but I arrive punctually. It
was a relaxing flight.

My plane was delayed / my plane was late
nevertheless, we arrived on time.
The flight was very relaxing.

Reporter A:
Yes, we are happy, that you come to us.

We are happy that you could come and visit.

We would adept
something about you and your life.

adept? du hast LEO benutzt und denkst es ist „erfahren“? Kann man überhaupt nicht benutzen.
We would like to learn something about you and your life.

You are a famous person, in
your country you are a hero. Can you tell something about you,
because some people dont know you.

Can you tell us something about yourself, because there are people who don’t (do not) know you.

Nelson Mandela:
Yes, no problem. My name ist Nelson Mandela. I am born 18.
July 1918 in the Transkei.

I was bron on July 18, 1918, in the Transkei.

The Transkei is in South Africa. I
have some pictures from my home country. It is not my village
where I had live,

where I used to live

but the pictures show a good insight from my
home country.

but the picture will give you a good impression about my home country.

I am the fourth son in my family.

I was the fourth son in my family.

I went to
school first of all in my family.

I was the first from my family to got to a schoo.

The biggest part of my life
I fought against the Apatheid in South Africa.

I fought against apartheid (kein Artikel).

Thereby I have
been so famous, but to help the people stand in the
foreground.

This is what made me famous, but I did it not to become famous but to help my people.

Reporter A:
You didn’t have nice college years. Can you tell us why and
how was your school process?

How was your time in school?

Nelson Mandela:
I was on a normal school,

I was in a normal school
(was meinst du mit „normal“?)

then on the college and after this I
was on the university.

then I went to college and afterwards I went on to university.

On the university I was early political
activ.

In university, I became politically active.

Durant the study I know my friend Oliver Tambo.

During my studies, I met and got to know my friend, Oliver Tambo.

Because
of a study strike we were bannished from the university.

Because of strike action at the university, we were banned from university.

Reporter B:

Nelson Mandela:
I went to Johannesburg and I worked in a law office, this
allow me Walter Sisulu, this is a friend.

in a law office, where I met Walter Sisulu, who also became a firm friend.

Reporter B:
You was against the Apartheid, do you have therefore form the
ANC?

You were against apartheid, did you therefore found the ANC?
(ich habe dir aber shcon mal geschrieben, dass das faktisch falsch ist, der ANC wurde 1912 gegründet von Sol Plaatje, John Dube und Pixley Seme).

Nelson Mandela:
This was only the chance for me to do something aganinst the
Apartheid with many people.

This was the only chance I saw to do something together with others against apartheid.

Alone I have no chance, therefore
I am very thankful for the people who had helped me.

who have helped me

Reporter A:

Nelson Mandela:
We opend a law office.

opened

We were the
first blacks to opene a law office of this kind. We were
proud about this and us,

and ourselves

it was a hope , that the black people
will coordinate with white people.

We were hopeful that black people would co-operate with white people.

Reporter B:
I read in your curriculum

biographie

that you was 1952 arrested.

that you were arrested in 1952.

The
media reports were big. What happend correctly?

What happened really?

The people
much conjectured about this.

There were many speculations about the fact.

Nelson Mandela:
Well, the ANC thrilled much sensation by the government with
my campaign.

? meinst du:
The ANC’s campaign (Nelson Mandela would NEVER call it „my“ campaign und es wäre auch faktisch falsch, die Defiance Campaign eine Mandela Campaign zu nennen) generated a lot of concern within the government

We were a thorn in the eye from the government in
this time.

During this time we were a thorn in the side of the goverment.
(ein Dorn steckt sprichwörtlich in der Seite im Englischen, nicht im Auge, man kann Sprichwörter nicht wörtlich übersetzen).

The campaign was called "Defiance-Campaign“. The
ANC helped me in this time and this was a clearly announcement
against the Apartheid.

(Nelson Mandela war ein führendes Mitglied des ANC, aber man kann nicht sagen, dass der ANC ihm geholfen habe).
The Defiance Campaign was a clear rejection of apartheid. / a clear statement against apartheid

Then they come and arrested me,
extremely brutal.

The police came and arrested me, it was extremely brutal.

I will not forget it. Until I became a
answer from the government, I sit in prison.

Until I received an answer from the governemt, I had to stay in prison.
(Achtung: become = werden, bekommen = to receive, to get)

The I was ordered
under , banish order“ , which forbid me any political
activities.

(es heißt: banning order)
Then I was banned. The banning order forbade any political activities.

Reporter A:
But you didnt close your campaign?

But you didn’t end your campaign?
(siehe dazu, was ich oben geschrieben habe): But this didn’t end the Defiance Campaign?

Nelson Mandela:
No, if I had done this, it has been all for nothing.

No, if we had stopped then, it would all have been for nothing.

To the
luck it was only this , banish order“.

Luckily (nicht wörtlich „zum Glück“ übersetzen!), I did not receive a prison sentence but only a banning order.

Did they bring me
directly in the prison, it had been worse.

If I had been imprisoned, it would have been much worse.

So, I could still
act. I hide me with the help from friends so I could act.

I hid (pronounced:hid / hide would be pronounced: haid)
…friends in order to remain active-

Reporter B:
Be left thereby?

?? was soll das heißen?

Nelson Mandela:
Not realy, the governement wanted to see me in prison.

Not really,

The
process runs after this, which were very long.

Ich verstehe nicht, was du sagen willst:
Prozess = trial
vielleicht: The trial took a long time.

I fight against
the law court, but it was clearly partial.

I fought inside court / I fought against the charge, but it was clear that the judge / the court was not impartial (Verneinung weglassen und sagen „the judge was partial“ klingt falsch).

After five years I
was free.

Reporter A:
Why had been your organisation (ANC) banned and when?

Why had your organisation been banned and when?

Nelson Mandela:
1960 there was a demonstation from the ANC and the PAC.

In 1969, there was a …

The
PAC is splinter group from the ANC.

(für diese Aussage würdest du in Südafrika gevierteilt/ wenn schon: of the ANC — es stimmt zwar, dass der PAC sich 1959 vom ANC abgespalten hat, aber „splinter group“ (besser „faction“) zu nennen, würden PAC-Mitglieder als Beleidigung sehen).
The PAC was founded in 1959 because they did not believe in the non-racial policy of the ANC.

On this day there were
some conflicts between the government and our people. This end
sadly bloody. Who began, I dont know. It was a chaos. A worse
day.

(Entschuldigung, aber das ist so nicht richtig.
Am 21.3.1961 rief der PAC zu einer Versammlung in Sharpeville auf, bei der - wie bei früheren Veranstaltungen auch schon - die Teilnehmer ihre Pässe verbrennen wollten. Diese Pässe waren Identitätsdokumente, die die weiße Regierung Südafrikas für schwarze eingeführt hatte, und die Schwarze JEDERZEIT bei sich zu führen hatten, weil dort verzeichnet war, ob sie ein Recht hatten, sich in „weißen“ Gebieten aufzuhalten. Es kam zu einem Showdown mit der südafrikanischen Polizei. Die Polizei feuerte auf die Demonstranten, 69 wurden getötet. Die Polizei behauptete, sie sei angegriffen worden. Die 69 getöteten hatten fast ausnahmslos Schusswunden im Rücken. Obwohl es sich um eine PAC-Veranstaltung handelte, haben ANC und PAC diesen Tag zu dem ihren gemacht.)

A demonstration against the pass laws in Sharpeville went wrong. The police fired on demonstrators and 69 of them were killed. It was chaos. It was a horrible day / it was the worst day ever / it was a bad day. (worse ist Komparativ: schlimmer — dann muss man sagen, schlimmer als was)

Reporter B:
Do you was thereby?

Were you yourself present?
(thereby ist nicht „dabei“, sondern „damit, dadurch“)

Nelson Mandela:
No, not at this time, I travelled through the country and
organized strikes.

At the time I was travelling through the country and organizing strikes. (abgesehen davon, dass es eine PAC Veranstaltung war). :Naturally I act from the underground and I

hide me from the police.

Naturally --?
I was working in the underground and hiding from the police.

I try to avoid furthermore arrests.

I was trying to avoid further arrests.
(further= weitere, furthermore= außerdem)

Reporter A:
Did support you the ANC while this time?

(ich verstehe die Frage nicht, Nelson Mandela war ein führendes Mitglied des ANC, das für den ANC arbeitete)

Nelson Mandela: The ANC was busied with itself

(siehe oben, das macht keinen Sinn)

and started to
begin the armed combat against the government.

(Mandela war der Führer von Umkhonto we Sizwe, die bewaffnete Abteilung des ANC, das heißt: spear of the nation)

Reporter B: How did you come into captivity ones more?

How were you captured this time?/once more?

Nelson Mandela: I returned to home some day to organized more
strikes but the government knew from my intention.

I returned home for a few days to organise more strikes but the government knew of my intentions.

I would
visit my familiy

I wanted to visit my family

but the police was waiting for me. I don’t
know why the government know from it.

I don’t know how the government knew I was coming.

Reporter A: You were lifelongly convicted?

You were convicted to lifelong imprisonment?
Besser: You received a life sentence?

How do you felt
when you knew from the decision?

How did you feel when you heard the sentence? /when the sentence was pronounced?

Nelson Mandela: First I didn’t have hope.

I didn’t have any hope.

I thought that all
were lost and vainly.

I thought everything was lost and all effort had been in vain.
(vainly= Adverb von eitel)

However I began again to believe that i
will discharge and that I can carry on with my cause.

However, I began to believe that I would be freed and that I could carry on with the cause / the struggle)
(in Südafrika hieß der Kampf gegen die Apartheid „the struggle“.)

I often
prayed to god and he finally helped me.

to God (immer groß, wenn es DER christliche Gott oder DER islamische Gott ist)

How was your life in prison?

Nelson Mandela: In the jail were catastrophic conditions but I
always believed that this will have soon a end.

In jail, conditions were catastrophic but … that it would soon end. :I am bright
???

that i had enough power for that.

Reporter A: What happened after 18 years capitivity?

captivity – and no, it did not happen exactly after 18 years in prison

Nelson Mandela: There began a worldwide campaign. The people
were for it that the government should to let me go.

a worldwide campaign for my release.

Firstly I
got a deal that mean I will only get freedom if the ANC
capitulates the fight against the government.

At first, the South African government offered me a deal that I would be released if the ANC gave up its fight against the government.

But I didn’t
want that therefore I refused to do it. The public pression

The public pressure

was so big later that de Klerk let me go.

became so strong, that FW de Klerk had to release me.

When were you elected to be president of the ANC?

Nelson Mandela: I could conduct negotiations with the
government because of this position. It was a back and forth

The negotiations went back and forth

but I could bring so the government to repeal the last law of
apartheid. That was a big success for us.

(so kann man das nciht sagen: Mandela and the ANC negotiated that free and fair elections could be held in South Africa and thus, apartheid was be ended)

Reporter B: For what did you get a Nobel Peace Price in 1993?

Why did you receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993?

Nelson Mandela: Oh the price.

Nobel prize

The price was awarded me for my
politcal commitment for democracy and abgrogation of the last
law of apartheid.

I received the award for my political commitment to democracy and the abolition of apartheid
(BTW: ich schreibe apartheid immer klein, weil es auch in Afrikaans klein geschrieben wird - man kann es im Englischen aber auch als Eigenname verstehen und deshalb großschreiben - du must dich aber entscheiden und bei einer Schreibart bleiben)
But the result was more important for me as the pric
… for me than the Nobel prize.

Reporter A: How did you get to the first state president of
South Africa?

How did you get to be the first …
How did you become the first State President of South Africa?

Nelson Mandela: Quite simply. In 1994 were the first
countrywide free democratic selections.

In 1994, the first countrywide free democratic elections were held.
I had the majority.
(falsch: es wurde nicht eine Person gewählt ,sondern eine Partei)
The ANC received the majority in these elections at the end of April. On 9 May, I was elected by the South African parliament in Pretoria to be the first State President of a free South Africa.

had the feeling that the people was positived from me.

???
(PS: Die Südafrikaner hätten zu diesem Zeitpunkt ANC selbst mit dem Teufel an der Spitze gewählt.)

Reporter B: What defined the condition which you produced?

(du meinst Constitution? / condition = Zustand)
What defines the South African constitution?
(you cannot „produce“ a constitution)

Nelson Mandela: To the condition you must say that it is the
most liberal condition of the world.

Many consider the South African constitution to be the most lieberal constitution of the world.
Hereon I am very proud.
I am very proud of this.

It defines chiefly the equation of all ethnic groups.

At its heart, it has the equality of all ethnic groups.
(equation=Mathegleichung, equality=Gleichheit)

The rest
is too extensive to explain.

Reporter A: Okay, why did you have passed on your second
mandate?

Why did you pass on your second mandate?
Why did you decline a second period of office?

Nelson Mandela: Due to my age. I did’nt feel me fit enough for
the tasks of a president in 1998.

I didn’t feel fit enough for the task of being president in 1998.
(diese Formulierung würde ich noch mal überlegen auch im Anbetracht der Tatsache, was Mandela seit seiner Präsidentschaft alles getan hat).
I was turning 80 and I wanted to make way for younger politicians.

These tasks don’t include
only drink coffee or acceptilate (?) a lot of laws.

The tasks of a president are varied and can be exhausting.
(übrigens verfasst ein Präsident in SA keine Gesetze und stimmt auch nicht über sie ab - das macht das Parlament)

I was known to
rise much through the region to help the people.

rise = erheben??? meinst du „reisen“ - travelling?

The will is
there but my body doesn’t cooperate more with me.

(das ist gemessen am Arbeitspensum von Nelson Mandela nach 1998 lächerlich).
maybe: I wanted to cut down on my official duties and do more things that I wanted to do.
Also, my doctors wanted me to slow down a bit.

Reporter B: Many viewers often ask themselves the question why
you did all these.

you did all this.

How did you round to doing that?

???

You had
conformed the apartheid how each other.

???

But you didn’t do
that. Thank God how one can say!#

Was soll das heißen?

Nelson Mandela: Oh yes, that is a excellent question. You must
know I already met the limit between black and white early in
my childhood.

??? the limit? Was soll das heißen?
Meinst du: division?

It was terrible for me and I absolutely didn’t
understand it why such a thing existed.

…didn’t understand why such a thing existed.

I mean, why is a white
colored human other than I?

Why should a white skinned human be more worth than me?
(man kann nicht white und coloured gleichzeitig sein)

What do I have what he or she
doesn’t have?

that he or she …
aber sollte esnicht anders rum sein:
What does he or she have that I don’t?

Skills? They are also different for white humans

for whites

if you differs so.

???

Each Human have his own skills

Each person / each man has his particular skills

and that
know we.

??? This is something we know.

What remain than?

What is left?

The color of the skin and general look? Because of my own experience I can say that the human has fear of that what he doesn’t know.

… people fear what they don’t know.

What doesn’t conform to
his association.

their assumptions.

You always see only white people in your
childhood.

If you only see white people in your childhood and see a black person for the first time when you are 16 …

Are you promptly
well meaning to him?

Will you immediately be well intentioned towards him?

No you are mistrustful because you never
had seen a black human before.

No, you … a black person before.
(übrigens ist das falsch: weiße Südafrikaner kennen schwarze Menschen seit ihrer frühsten Kindheit, aber als Diener und nicht als gleichwertige Menschen).

It exist many factors which activate this enmity.

Many factors promote this enmity/hostilty

We all know
the storys:

stories

there were bathes for blacks or changing rooms and
so on.

There were segregated amenities for blacks and whites and coloureds
(es gab KEINE Schwimmbäder für Schwarze, nur Schwimmbäder für Weiße, und wenige für Coloureds und Inder).

These formed my childhood.

This formed my childhood /influenced my childhood
(was faktisch falsch ist, weil Mandela seine Kindheit in rein schwarzer Umgebung verbrachte, erst als Teenager lernte er die Segregation kennen).

Still I didn’t want a
community which hold togehter no I wanted a mankind which hold
together.

??? verstehe ich nicht

But it didn’t exist. Therefore I already early
politcal activ to fight against it.

Therefore, I became politically active at an early age.

Reporter A: Interesting. Say me,

Tell me

you spoke a little while ago
about God and that he has give you spiritual power.

he has given

Are you a
believing human?

Are you a believer? Are you a religious person?
Do you belief in God?

Nelson Mandela: Yes, the belief hold together the people,

the belief holds people together (the people = die Nation)

boost they but it can bring they to do realy silly things.

???

If
the belief doesn’t more exist whereof shall still one beliefs?

???

It is unimagineable for me.

Reporter B: Didn’t see you your mission in the name of God?

Did you not understand your mission in the name of God?
(obwohl ich die Frage auch nciht ganz verstehe)

In
the bible is also written „All humans are equal“

All men are created equal.

Nelson Mandela: No, I already thought of it but it doesn’t fit
in my… how should I say… intention.

??

I didn’t want to
convert the people

convert people

or bring they on my side.

or bring them to my side
???

No! They should
apprehend and understand.

understand.
apprehend geht nicht

The belief comes from your heart and
doesn’t from outside.

Belief comes from the heart and not from outside.

Reporter A: What are you doing nowadays? Do you rest on your
last feats? Are you trying to forget your background?

Nelson Mandela: No, I can’t forget and displace my background.

forget my background (displace = verlegen, verlieren)

If I forget it then I would also forget this terriblenesses
which is linked with Apartheid.

If I were to forget it then I would also forget the badness which is linked with a.

My grandma always said:

My grandmother used to say
(Mandela would not call his grandmother grandma).

Embosses are there so we remember on past days and don’t
forget important things.

Memories? Scars?
==Here is it the same. My Background

remembers me on things what

reminds me of things that
I had done and I’m proud on it.
I did and …

Also if it is adjunctive with fear and fright.

… it is connected with …
Today I relax.
Today I can relax.

I follow the news but I don’t have enough agency to do
something.

energy?? und entschuldige, damit beleidigst du Mandela, der in vielen Dingen aktiv ist

I will invited for some distincions or I should
give an interview.

I get invited to receive awards and I give interviews.

But I enjoy the rest of my life. I enjoy
that which doesn’t have anybody.

???

Reporter B: Thats sounds good. I think you are a happy man who
finally changed his home how he had always wished it himself.

who has helped to make his home more like the one he always dreamed of

Nelson Mandela: Yes, so you can say it approximately.

This is about true.

There is
still always much to do although but I had contributed a
little part for them.

I have contributed a little part to them.

Reporter A: Little part is good but it has cost you much power
and nerves.

A little part is … it has cost you much energy.

Would you descripe

Would you describe the current situation in South Africa as peace?

Nelson Mandela: Hmm… no, maybe the actual situation in South
Africa

current situation

is a peace but it always still exits the Apartheid on
some places in South Africa as well one can’t identify it.

There is peace, but apartheid still exists in some places even though it may not always be obvious.

The
evil isn’t never sleeping…

Evil never sleeps.

Reporter B: Would you descripe yourself as a hero mister
Mandela?

… describe … hero, Mister Mandela?

Nelson Mandela: No, I had done that what I must do.

No, I did what I had to do.

My skills
and the help other people help me for that.

people … aided me in that.

Without some
persons I had never reach my aim.

Without the help of many people, I would never have reached my aim.

Maybe I am a hero because I
had the courage for that.

the courage to do that.

But all people who helped are heros

heroes

for me.

to me.
If be a hero or doesn’t be a hero it is more important

what is the result in the end of all them and what it brings
for the people.

Being a hero or not - the important thing is the end result and what it does for the people.

This is simply more important.

Reporter A: Very interesting! But we don’t have enough time to
ask more questions or discus

discuss

more about interesting topics!

discuss more / talk more about this

You must leave us this night to take the next flight to a next
interview.

to another interview / to give another interview

Before we will cancel this interview

Before we will end this interview (ifit were cancelled, it would have never taken place)

what would you like to
give the audience something to take along with them?

give the audience to take along with them?

Nelson Mandela: You shouldn’t believe all what one tell or
show you.

You should not believe everything you are being told or shown.

Decide for themself

Decide for yourself

or leave that a other person.

???

Each person is respawnsible

responsible
for itself
for himself (or: „for himself or herself“)

and so it will be for
ever. You do that what you are thinking is the right way

You do what you think is the right way

and do that with your heart.

and do that with all your heart.

Reporter B: Thank you very much mister Mandela for this
interview.

Mister Mandela

We were happy about you

for you

and that you are released.

when you were released.

We wish you a good homeward journey.

Nelson Mandela: Thanks no problem. I will be again in Germany
in the next weeks maybe

in a few weeks.
I will see you. Bye bye
Maybe we will meet again then. Good bye. (NOT bye bye)

Reporter A: Good bye!

Gruß
Elke

PS:

1. Ich hätte nie gedacht, dass ich das mal sage: vergiss Leo.
    Du hast viele Male das total falsche Wort ausgewählt und ich habe nur rausgekriegt, was du sagen willst (manchmal), weil ich dein Wort bei Leo eingegeben habe und durch die Rückübersetzung ge"klickt" habe.
  2. Der einzige Grund, warum ich so viel Zeit auf diese Korrektur verwendet habe, ist, dass mich als Südafrikanerin das Thema besonders interessiert. Bitte such dir das nächste Mal jemand, der sich mit dir hinsetzen kann und so eine Arbeit MIT DIR zusammen durchgeht. Vielleicht einen älteren Schüler oder Studenten. Es gibt auch Nachhilfelehrer, die man für eine oder zwei Stunden buchen kann.

Maybe we should have saved us some time?
I honestly didn’t look how long the piece was before I started and then I was stuck.

Gruß
Elke

1 Like

Hiya

Dunno, obviously you know far more about Nelson M and the ANC etc- If I had known that you would answer too - I would have cleaned my windows, attic & cellar instead :wink:

Warm regards
the Welsh **tch

[Bei dieser Antwort wurde das Vollzitat nachträglich automatisiert entfernt]

Hallo @all

Vielen vielen dank für die ausführliche Hilfe.

Ja ich weiß,der Text ist eine Katastrophe weil wir nicht viel Zeit hatten um den zu schreiben. 3 Leute haben an diesem Text geschrieben,deswegen geht das alles so auseinander. Ich habe auch schon drüber gelesen,aber na ja,wie ich sehe hat das nicht wirklich etwas geholfen…

Da um den Originaltext gebeten wurden:

Interview

Guten Tag meine Damen und Herren. Wir begrüßen Sie hiermit zu den Outlandishnews beim ARD. Wie immer haben wir einen speziellen Gast hier bei uns in Berlin, aber heute haben wir eine Legende im Kampf gegen die Apartheid zu Gast. Begrüßen Sie mit uns: Nelson Mandela

NM: Hallo, danke, danke

Reporter A: Hallo, schön das Sie da sind!

NM: Schön Sie zu sehen!

Reporter: Ja, sind Sie gut angekommen? Es war ja ein weiter Weg für Sie von Johannesburg hierher nach Berlin.

NM: Ja, mein Flieger hatte Verspätung, aber ich habe es noch rechtzeitig geschafft. Es war ein angenehmer Flug. Ich bin sogleich hierher gekommen zu Ihnen.

Reporter: Ja, wir freuen uns sehr, dass Sie erschienen sind. Wir würden gerne über Sie und Ihr Leben mehr erfahren. Sie sind ein sehr bekannter Mann, in ihrem Land sind Sie ein Held. Jedoch wäre es schön wenn Sie sich kurz vorstellen könnten, für die Personen die Sie nicht kennen.

NM: Klar, kein Problem. Mein Name ist Nelson Mandela. Ich bin am 18. Juli 1918 in der Transkei geboren. Die Transkei liegt im Süden Afrikas. Ich habe ein paar Fotos von meiner Heimat mitgebracht. Es ist zwar nicht genau das Dorf wo ich gelebt habe, aber die Bilder zeigen einen guten Einblick in meine Heimat. Ich bin der 4. Sohn in unserer Familie. Ich ging als erstes zur Schule aus unserer Familie.
Den Großteil meines Lebens verbrachte ich damit, gegen die Apartheid in Südafrika anzukämpfen.
Dadurch bin ich eigentlich so bekannt geworden, aber den Menschen zu helfen stand bei mir immer im Vordergrund.

Reporter A: Sie hatten eine nicht so angenehme Universitätszeit. Können sie uns erzählen warum und wie ihr Schulverlauf so war?

Nelson Mandela: Ich bin erst auf eine normale Schule gegangen, dann auf das Collage und danach dann auf die Uni. Auf der Uni war ich schon sehr früh politisch aktiv. Während des Studiums dort, habe ich meinen Freund Oliver Tambo kennen gelernt. Wegen eines Studentenstreiks sind wir dann von der Uni verwiesen worden!

Reporter B: Was haben sie dann danach gemacht?

Nelson Mandela: Ich bin nach Johannesburg gegangen und habe dort in einer Anwaltskanzlei gearbeitet, dies ermöglichte mir Walter Sisulu! Ein Bekannter von mir.

Fragen:

 Sie waren gegen die Apartheid, haben sie deswegen die ANC mit gegründet?

Es war die einzige Möglichkeit für mich, meine bzw. mit mehreren Leuten sich gegen die Apartheid auszusprechen. Alleine hätte ich es nicht geschafft, dafür bin ich den Leuten dankbar die mir halfen.

 Was genau eröffneten sie mit Tambo?

Wir eröffneten eine Anwaltskanzlei, dass besondere daran war, das wir die ersten schwarzen waren die so etwas eröffneten. Wir waren stolz darauf und für uns war es eine gewisse Hoffnung, dass irgendwann auch schwarze Menschen gleichgestellt sein werden.

 Wie man Ihrem Lebenslauf entnehmen kann, wurden sie 1952 verhaftet. Die Medien berichteten groß darüber. Was ist damals genau geschehen? Es wurde damals viel spekuliert.

Nun ja, die ANC erregte mit meiner Kampagne viel Aufsehen bei der Regierung. Wir waren der Regierung damals ein Dorn im Auge. Die Kampagne nannte ich „Defiance-Campaign“. Die ANC unterstützte mich damals und dies war eine deutliche Ansage gegen die Apartheid. Dann kamen sie eines Tages und verhafteten mich, äußerst brutal. Ich werde es nie vergessen. Bis ich eine Antwort von der Regierung bekam,musste ich lange im Gefängnis sitzen. Dann wurde ich unter einem „Bannbefehl“ gestellt, welcher mir jegliche politische Aktivitäten verboten.
 Aber Sie haben doch nicht aufgehört mit Ihrer Kampagne weiter zu machen?

Natürlich nicht, sonst wäre alles umsonst gewesen. Ein Glück war es nur dieser „Bannbefehl“, hätten sie mich gleich ins Gefängnis gebracht, dann wäre es schlimmer gewesen. So aber, konnte ich immer noch agieren. Ich versteckte mich bei Freunden und konnte von dort aus handeln.

 Blieb es dabei?

Nicht wirklich, die Regierung hätte mich gerne im Gefängnis gesehen. Danach lief der Prozess, welcher sehr lange dauerte. Ich kämpfte sprichwörtlich gegen das Gericht an, aber es war eindeutig parteiisch. Nach 5 Jahren wurde ich freigesprochen.

 Warum wurde Ihre Organisation (ANC) verboten und wann war das?

1960 gab es Demonstrationen von der ANC und der PAC. Die PAC war eine Splittergruppe von der ANC. An dem Tag gab es dann einige Konflikte zwischen der Regierung und unseren Leuten. Dies endete leider blutig. Wer aber anfing, dass kann ich nicht sagen. Es war ein reinstes Chaos. Ein schlimmer Tag.

 Sie waren dabei?!

Nein, zu der Zeit reiste ich durchs Land und organisierte Streiks. Natürlich agierte ich aus dem Untergrund und ließ mich nicht erwischen. Ich versuchte stets weiteren Verhaftungen aus dem Weg zu gehen.

 Unterstützte die ANC Sie während dieser Zeit?

Die ANC war zu der Zeit selbst beschäftigt und fing damals an, den bewaffneten Kampf gegen die Regierung aufzunehmen.

 Wie kamen Sie dann nochmal ins Gefängnis?

Ich kehrte eines Tages in meine Heimat zurück, um weitere Streiks zu organisieren, allerdings hatte die Regierung davon Wind bekommen. Ich wollte nebenbei meine Familie besuchen und Polizisten warteten dort schon auf mich. Ich weiß immer noch nicht, wie sie davon erfuhren.

 Sie wurden dann lebenslänglich verurteilt. Wie fühlten Sie sich, als Sie vom Urteil erfuhren?

Ich hatte erst keine Hoffnung mehr. Ich dachte alles sei verloren und umsonst gewesen. Doch irgendwann fing ich wieder an zu glauben, dass ich entlassen werde und mit meiner Sache weitermachen kann. Ich habe oft zu Gott gebetet und er hat mir schlußendlich geholfen.

 Wie war die Haft für Sie?

Es waren katastrophale Bedingungen in dem Gefängnis, aber ich habe stets daran geglaubt, dass dies alles bald ein Ende haben wird. Ich musste nur durchhalten. Ich bin froh, dass ich dazu die Kraft hatte.

 Was ist nach den 18 Jahren Haft geschehen?

Da begann eine weltweite Kampagne, dass mich die Regierung freilassen soll. Ich bekam davon nichts mit. Ich bekam erst ein Angebot, dass ich die Freiheit erlange, wenn die ANC den Kampf gegen die Regierung aufgibt. Das wollte ich nicht, deswegen weigerte ich mich. Später wurde der Druck der Öffentlichkeit so groß, dass mich de Klerk freiließ.

 Wann wurden sie Vizepräsident und Präsident des ANC?

Das war 1990.

 Was haben sie bewirkt in diesem Amt?

Durch dieses Amt konnte ich Verhandlungen mit der Regierungen führen. Es war ein hin und her, allerdings konnte ich am Ende die Regierung dazu bringen, dass letzte Apartheidgesetz aufzuheben. Das war ein absoluter Erfolg.

 Wofür haben sie 1993 einen Friedensnobelpreis bekommen?

Ach der Preis. Der Preis wurde mir verliehen, aufgrund meines politischen Einsatzes für Demokratie und Abschaffung des letzten Apartheidgesetzes. Allerdings stand das Ergebnis für mich im Vordergrund, als dieser Preis. Der Preis war mir nicht so wichtig…

 Wie wurden sie der erste schwarze Staatspräsident von Südafrika?

Ganz einfach, 1994 fanden in Südafrika die ersten landesweiten freien demokratischen Wahlen statt. Ich hatte die Mehrheit, ich hatte deutlich das Gefühl, dass die Leute von mir sehr überzeugt waren.

 Was legte die Verfassung fest, die sie hervorbrachten?

Zu der Verfassung muss man sagen, dass sie die liberalste der Welt ist. Darauf bin ich sehr stolz. Sie legt hauptsächlich die Gleichstellung aller ethnischen Gruppen fest. Alles andere wäre jetzt zu umfangreich zu erklären.

 Ok, warum haben sie auf ihre zweite Amtszeit verzichtet?

Aufgrund meines Alters. 1998 fühlte ich mich nicht mehr wirklich fit genug, um den Aufgaben nachzukommen die ein Präsident hat. Und die beinhalten nicht nur Kaffeetrinken und ein bisschen Gesetze zu erlassen. Ich war dafür bekannt, viel durch die Gegend zu reisen und den Menschen zu helfen. Der Wille ist da, aber der Körper spielt nicht mehr mit. Mein Arzt riet mir auch, meinen Körper nicht mehr so sehr zu belasten.

• Viele Zuschauer stellen sich oft die Frage, warum Sie das alles getan haben. Wie kam es dazu? Sie hätten sich doch auch genausogut wie jeder andere der Apartheid fügen können. Sie haben es aber schlussendlich nicht getan! Gott sei dank kann man sagen!

Oh ja, das ist eine gute Frage. Wissen Sie, ich begegnete schon früh in meiner Kindheit der Grenze zwischen Schwarz und Weiß. Es war fürchterlich für mich und ich verstand es absolut nicht, warum es so etwas gab. Ich meine, warum ist denn ein weißfarbiger Mensch anders als ich? Was hab ich, was er nicht hat? Fähigkeiten? Die sind selbst bei den „weißen“ unterschiedlich, wenn man denn so unterscheidet. Jeder Mensch hat seine eigenen Fähigkeiten und das wissen wir. Was bleibt denn noch übrig? Die Hautfarbe und allgemein das Aussehen? Aus eigenen Erfahrungen heraus muss ich sagen, der Mensch hat Angst vor dem, was er nicht kennt. Was nicht seiner Vorstellung entspricht. Du siehst nur weiße Menschen in deiner Kindheit, aber dann mit 16 Jahren siehst du einen schwarzen Menschen. Bist du ihm gleich freundlich gegenüber? Nein, du bist misstrauisch weil du so etwas zuvor noch nicht gesehen hast. Es gibt viele Faktoren die diesen Hass auslösten. Wir kennen ja alle die Geschichten, es gab extra Bäder für schwarze, Umkleidekabinen und so weiter. Das prägte meine Kindheit. Doch ich wollte keine Gemeinschaft die zusammenhält, nein ich wollte eine Menschheit die zusammenhält. Aber davon war nirgends etwas zu sehen. Deswegen war ich schon früh politisch aktiv um dagegen anzukämpfen!

• Interessant. Sagen Sie, Sie haben vorhin darüber gesprochen das Gott Ihnen Kraft gegeben hat. Sind Sie ein sehr gläubiger Mensch Herr Mandela?

Ja, der Glaube hält die Menschen beisammen, stärkt sie, aber er kann sie auch dazu bringen wirkliche Dummheiten zu machen. Wenn der Glaube nicht mehr wäre, woran sollte man dann noch festhalten? Für mich unvorstellbar.

• Haben Sie Ihre Aufgabe nicht im Namen Gottes gesehen? In der Bibel steht ja auch geschrieben, „Alle Menschen sind gleich“

Nein, ich habe daran schon mal gedacht, doch das passte nicht in meinem… wie soll ich sagen, Vorhaben. Ich wollte die Leute nicht bekehren oder auf meine Seite ziehen, Nein! Sie sollten begreifen und verstehen. Der Glaube kommt aus dem Inneren heraus und nicht von außen.

• Was machen Sie heutzutage? Ruhen Sie sich auf vergangene Heldentaten aus, versuchen Sie die Vergangenheit zu vergessen?

Nein, ich kann die Vergangenheit nicht verdrängen noch vergessen. Würde ich sie vergessen, dann würde ich auch die Schrecklichkeit vergessen die die Apartheid mit sich bringt. Wie heißt es doch so schön? Narben sind dazu da, damit wir uns an vergangene Tage erinnern und wichtiges nie vergessen werden. So ist es auch damit. Die Vergangenheit erinnert mich an das, was ich getan habe und darauf bin ich stolz. Auch wenn es mit Angst und Schrecken verbunden ist.
Heute ruhe ich mich aus, ich verfolge zwar die Medien, doch fehlt mir die Kraft aktiv zu werden. Ich werde zu der einen oder anderen Ehrung eingeladen oder soll ein Interview wie hier z.B. geben. Aber sonst genieße ich den Rest meines Lebens. Ich genieße das, was nicht jedem Menschen zur Verfügung steht.

• Das ist schön zu hören. Ich stelle Sie mir als sehr glücklichen Menschen vor, der schlussendlich seine Heimat so verändert hat, wie er es sich schon immer gewünscht hat.

Ja, so kann man das ungefähr sagen. Es gibt zwar noch viel zu tun, doch habe ich einen kleinen Schritt dazu beigetragen.

• Kleiner Schritt ist gut, es hat Ihnen viel Kraft und Nerven gekostet. Würden Sie den heutigen Zustand als Frieden bezeichnen der heute in Südafrika herrscht?

Hmm… nein, es mag zwar ein gewisser Frieden herrschen, doch es existiert immer noch an einigen Orten in Süd Afrika die Apartheid, auch wenn man sie nicht sofort erkennt. Das Böse schläft nicht…

• Würden Sie sich selbst als Held bezeichnen Herr Mandela?

Nein, ich habe nur das getan was ich tun musste. Meine Fähigkeiten und die Hilfe anderer Leute halfen mir dazu. Ohne gewissen Personen hätte ich mein Ziel nicht erreichen können. Mag vielleicht sein, dass derjenige der den Mut dazu hatte, der Held ist. Aber für mich sind alle Helden, die mir halfen. Ob nun Held oder nicht, es zählt schlussendlich was am Ende dabei rauskommt und das ist mir wichtiger.

• Höchst interessant! Allerdings reicht die Zeit nicht mehr aus um auf weitere Fragen einzugehen. Sie müssen ja heute Nacht schon wieder weiter Herr Mandela.
    Bevor wir das Interview beenden, was möchten Sie den Zuhörern und Zuschauern noch mit auf dem Weg geben?

Glaubt nicht alles was man euch erzählt oder zeigt. Entscheidet für euch selbst und überlasst dies nicht jemand anderem. Jeder ist für sich selbst verantwortlich und so wird es immer bleiben. Ihr tut das, was ihr für richtig haltet und tut dies mit eurem Herzen.

• Vielen Dank Herr Mandela für dieses Gespräch. Wir haben uns sehr gefreut, dass Sie erschienen sind. Wir wünschen Ihnen eine gute Heimreise!

Danke, gern geschehen. Ich werde in den nächsten Wochen wieder in Deutschland sein, vielleicht sieht man sich ja. Tschüß!

-Tschüß!

Hallo,könnt ihr euch mal mein Interview durchlesen über Nelson
Mandela und könnt ihr mal schauen ob Fehler drin sind oder
Sachen die ihr nicht versteht?

Es geht darum, dass es so verständlich wie möglich ist.

Hallo Khensai,
würdest du mich bitte erst einmal aufklären, ich steh mir da irgendwie selbst auf der leitung.

1.) Der englische text ist doch dein original interview oder?

2.) möchtest du den text ins deutsche übersetzen?

3.) oder spielst du mit dem gedanken den englichen text im nachhinein zu verbessern oder zu korrigieren

4.) oder was soll verständlicher sein?

MfG Franz

Hallo,

vielleicht liest du mal meine oder Sîans Antwort.
Wir haben das nämlich verstanden.
Khensai muss ein Fake-Interview mit Nelson Mandela schreiben.
Auf Englisch.
Wie viele, die auf seiner Stufe Englisch stehen, hat er es erst auf Deutsch geschrieben und dann übersetzt (was man bei vielen Sätzen sofort merkt).

Geholfen bekommen hat er schon gestern.

Gruß
Elke

1 Like

Hallo,

möchte ich grundsätzlich nicht.

Wir haben das nämlich verstanden.

schön für euch.

Khensai muss ein Fake-Interview mit Nelson Mandela schreiben.

hatte ich auch so verstanden

du, wußtest aber nicht worauf ich hinaus wollte,

also bitte elke beantworte mir nicht, was ich nicht wissen wollte.
und mit dir zu diskutieren, ist für mich verschenkte zeit.

franz

2 Like

Hallo, Franz,

mich interessiert (ehrlich!), warum manche Poster - gerade bei Sachfragen, wo es ja nicht um Meinungsbildung geht - grundsätzlich nicht zuerst die bereits gegebenen Antworten lesen (und das zum Teil sogar extra betonen).
Würdest Du mir erklären, warum Du es nicht tust?

Gruß
Kreszenz

3 Like

Hallo, Franz,

mich interessiert (ehrlich!), warum manche Poster - gerade bei
Sachfragen, wo es ja nicht um Meinungsbildung geht -
grundsätzlich nicht zuerst die bereits
gegebenen Antworten lesen (und das zum Teil sogar extra
betonen).
Würdest Du mir erklären, warum Du es nicht
tust.

Hallo Kreszenz

im normalfall verstehe ich das auch nicht, aber in meinem fall möchte ich dir doch deswegen die antwort lieber anders zukommen lassen

mit freundlichem gruß

Franz

1 Like