Ukrainer braucht hilfe beim letter of motivation

hallo zusammen,
studiere zur zeit design und plane ein auslandsemester über erasmus/socrates anzutreten. muss dafür ein kurzes motivationletter verfassen. hier mein erster entwurf.
und, was meint ihr? sind die formulierungen so in ordnung oder hört sich das vielleicht zu sehr nach einfach aus dem deutschen übersetzt an …

danke im voraus!

Things that motivate me, to go nottingham.
Sure, there are the usual reasons like, different country, differnet language, different people, different culture, different kind of design. But threre is something more …
In my circle of friends there are many »anglophil« germans, who allways talk about their trips to Britain, especially London, people who listen to brit-pop and who are crazy about the charme victorian architecture. Well, i’m not so enthusiastic for the whole brit-hype. Not yet. I want to look in the british soul and try to understand what’s so fascinating about england.
Maybe i will experience culture shock. But it will be nothing new for me, cause i did it already when my family moved from Ukraine to Germany 12 years ago. So i know the language problems, the prejudices and the feeling of being a stranger. But i’m not afraid of these feelings. I’m looking forward to new view of life.
I decided to go to Nottingham and not to London or Manchester, because i hope to find closer contact with other students and profs in a »small« city than it would be possible in anonymous big one.
I’m interested in graphic-design and illustration. Are there differences between german design and english design? Or are there nowdays no more local varieties in a globalized world, because we all use the same designing methods and designing-tools from adobe? I heard from a fellow student that the English attach more importance to research then we do. So is the englisch design even more top-heavy/rational than german. Is it possible?
Its time to attack prejudices …
Beitrag bearbeiten/löschen

letter of motivation??
Hi

Ich habe zunächst mal nach einem langen Arbeitstag (16 h) die gröbsten Schnitzer beseitigt. Solltest du mehr Hilfe benötigen mail mir bitte. (keine Rechnung :wink:

Ich habe schon viele letters of motivation gelesen aber Deiner klingt (meiner Meinung nach) viel zu flapsig und unhöflich.

Klartext:

Willst Du was von denen? Oder wollen die was von Dir?

Things that motivate me to go Nottingham:

Sure, (Sure is very colloquial!!!) there are the usual reasons: a different country, a different language, different people, a different culture, a different kind of design.(Design- Was soll das genau bedeuten? Bitte hier expliziter erklären) But there are far more things that arouse my interest.

In my circle of friends there are many anglophile Germans, who often tell me about their trips to Britain, especially London, people who listen to Brit-pop and who really admire the charming Victorian architecture. Well, I am not so enthusiastic about the whole Brit-hype yet. (Das ist tatsächlich ein letter of motivation?!?) I would like to get to know the real Britain and hence understand what is so fascinating about England. (s.o)

Maybe I will experience culture shock.(Das klingt sehr beleidigend!) However this is not a new experience for me, because I have already experienced one when my family moved from the Ukraine to Germany twelve years ago. So I am aware of the language problems, the prejudices and the feelings of being a stranger. But I am not afraid of these feelings. I am looking forward to enhance my perspective of life.

I have decided to go to Nottingham and not to London or Manchester, because I hope to have closer contact with other students and professors in a smaller city, as I believe it would be rather difficult to achieve this in an anonymous large city.

I am very interested in graphic-design and illustration. Are there differences between German design and English design? Or are there no more local varieties in a global world, because we all use the same Adobe designing methods and designing-tools nowadays? I had heard from a fellow student that the English attach more importance to research then we do in Germany. So is the English design even more top-heavy/rational (was soll das bedeuten?) than German. Is it possible?

It is time to attack prejudices …

Das klingt wie eine Parole bei einer linken Demonstration.

Willst Du was von denen? Oder wollen die was von Dir?

Nichts für ungut.

Liebe Grüße

eine müde Siân

danke! setze mich nochmal dran.
danke! setze mich nochmal dran.

Hi

Gern geschehen.

Liebe Grüße
Siân