Grammatikalisch korrekt ?

Hallo,

ich habe ein Stück Text aus dem Deutschen ins Englische übersetzt. Ich weiß leider nicht, ob das Übersetzte grammatikalisch korrekt ist. Das ist der Text:

This was a question of a UNO opinion poll:
“Say honestly your opinion about the shortage of food in the rest of the world.”

This was the result:
The Europeans didn’t know the meaning of “shortage”.
The Africans didn’t know the meaning of “food”.
The Americans didn’t know the meaning of “the rest of the world”.
The Chinese didn’t know the meaning of “opinion”.
The Italian Parlament still discusses the meaning of “honest”.

Sagt man „honestly“ oder „honest“ ? Sagt man „about“ ? Ist die Satzstellung korrekt ?

Vielen Dank.

MfG, Master.

Hi, Master

“Say honestly your opinion about the shortage of food in the
rest of the world.”

Ich würde sagen: „Give your honest opinion of the …“
Grüße
Eckard

Hallo,

ich habe ein Stück Text aus dem Deutschen ins Englische
übersetzt. Ich weiß leider nicht, ob das Übersetzte
grammatikalisch korrekt ist. Das ist der Text:

This was ONE PART OF a UNO opinion poll (SURVEY):

TELL US your HONEST opinion OF the FOOD shortage in the

rest of the world.”

This was the result:
The Europeans didn’t know the meaning of “shortage”.
The Africans didn’t know the meaning of “food”.
The Americans didn’t know the meaning of “the rest of the
world”.
The Chinese didn’t know the meaning of “opinion”.
The Italian PARLIAMENT IS still DISCUSSING the meaning of “honest”.

Sagt man „honestly“ oder „honest“ ? Sagt man „about“ ? Ist die
Satzstellung korrekt ?

Es kommt darauf an, wie man „honest“ einsetzen möchte.

Möchte man das Verb, beschreiben, so sagt man:

Tell us honestly…

Möchte man das Substantiv beschreiben, so sagt man:

Tell us your honest opinion.

Man sagt of, about und auch on:

Hier nachzulesen:

opin•ion /pnjn/ noun
1 [C] ~ (about / of / on sb/sth)| ~ (that … ) your feelings or thoughts about sb/sth, rather than a fact: We were invited to give our opinions about how the work should be done. I’ve recently changed my opinion of her. Everyone had a different opinion on the subject. The chairman expressed the opinion that job losses were inevitable. He has very strong political opinions. In my opinion, it’s a very sound investment. (formal) It is our opinion that he should resign. (spoken) If you want my opinion, I think you’d be crazy not to accept.
2 [U] the beliefs or views of a group of people: Public opinion is shifting in favour of change. legal / medical / political opinion (= the beliefs of people working in the legal, etc. profession) There is a difference of opinion (= people disagree) as to the merits of the plan. Opinion is divided on the issue. There is a wide body of opinion that supports this proposal. Which is the better is a matter of opinion (= people have different opinions about it).
3 [C] advice from a professional person: They called in a psychologist to give an independent opinion. I’d like a second opinion (= advice from another person) before I make a final decision.

be of the opinion that … (formal) to believe or think that …: We are strongly of the opinion that great caution should be exercised in dealing with this matter.

have a good, bad, high, low, etc. opinion of sb/sth to think that sb/sth is good, bad, etc: The boss has a very high opinion of her.—more at consider

Vielen Dank.

MfG, Master.

Gruß Mucke

Hi Mucke,

nur aus Interesse: Wäre es nicht korrekt, „The Parliament still discusses“ zu sagen, wenn es bis heute täglich auf der Tagesordnung steht und immer wieder aufgegriffen wird? --> So ist es in diesem Zusammenhang natürlich nicht gemeint, aber mal generell gefragt?

ciao,
erik

Hallo Erik,

wenn sich eine Begebenheit ständig wiederholt, wie z.B.

the train leaves at 10.,

gebe ich Dir uneingeschränkt recht. Knackpunkt ist das Wort „still“, das wie folgt, definiert ist:

still /stl/ adv., adj., noun, verb
adv.
1 continuing until a particular point in time and not finishing: I wrote to them last month and I’m still waiting for a reply.

Deshalb ist hier present continuous angezeigt.

Allerdings gibt es auch folgende Sätze:

He still lives there.

Generell ist dieser Punkt streitbar. Je nachdem, wie man den Sachverhalt interpretiert.

Gruß Mucke

[Bei dieser Antwort wurde das Vollzitat nachträglich automatisiert entfernt]

Ja, und UNO hiesst U.N…