Englischprofis! Kann jemand mal drüber lesen? :)

Hey Community,

ich muss am Montag einen Englischvortrag über ein Unternehmen halten. Ich habe den Vortrag bereits ausgearbeitet und hoffe es gibt ein paar Englischprofis, die mal über meinen Text drüber schauen und mir ein kleines Feedback geben:)

Vielen Dank schon einmal im Voraus:)

Today I’d like to give you an overview of the Company „Sparkasse Leipzig“.
For a few years I was a trainee in this company und they also hired me after my training. And because of that I have chosen this company for my presentation.

At first, I will show show, how my presentation is structured.

1. What does the company do?

2. Structure and area of operations

3. Numbers about the company

4. The social engagement

5. SWOT analysis

6. The company „Sparkasse Leipzig“ is a credit institution. Basically it is a credit institution like every other bank. The company operats bank business like:

• Processing of payment transactions
  • Receipt interest-bearing deposits
  • Pay loan
  • Business with shares
    But the company does a lot more than that. For exmaple:
  • If you want to deposit money, you get a current account and of course a debit card. And with this card you can withdraw money at the ATM or the Cashmachine
  • If you want to save money, you get a savings account with interests
  • If you need money you can get a loan or an overdraft for you current account
  • Also you can get credit cards, you can transfer money and so on
    The company makes also business in other areas. For that they cooperate with other Companies. For example:
  • They have a cooperation with the Company „LBS“ for mortgages or building savings accounts
  • A Cooperation with „DEKA“ for business with shares
  • And for insurances they cooperate with „Sparkassen Verischerung Sachsen “
  1. The Company is a institution under public law. Provider of this institution is „Sparkassenzweckverband“
    The area of operations includes the city „Leipzig“, the destrict „Nordsachsen“ and the district
    “Leipziger Land”. The company has one headquader at the city center.
    On that picture you can see the area of operations.

2. The numbers are from the year 2018. The balance sheet total is 9 billion euros and the profit is 17 million euro. The company has 1.500 employees and in the hole area of operations 75 branches. They has almost 600.000 costumers. But there are more interesting numbers about the Company. For example:

• 445.000 privat current accounts
  • 203.000 customers use Online banking
  • 35.500 commercial Customers and other companies
  1. The company is engaged in in their area of operations. 2018 they donate 5 million euros for example environmental protection, cultivation of the home region or for the preservation of historical monuments.
    For the company its also very important to support young people. Because of that the award scholarships or they support projects.

2. Now I want to tell you something about the SWOT analysis

Strengths
The first strength is that the company has plenty of branches and cash machines. So the Customers have a lot of opportunities to withdraw money or if they want an advice, they can
Go to the next branch. And I think that is a big Strength of the company against the other
banks.

The second strength is the social engagement. I said it bevor: the Company support a lot of people and associations and do a lot for the environment and culture in their area of operations. And I think it´s good for the Image of the company. People see it and they think” Okay this bank do something for Leipzig” and the decide to go to this bank.

Weaknesses
A Weakness is for sure the account fees. I have to explain it. Many people, which want a current account or something else look at first for the account fees. And if there a bank, who hasn´t fees they prefer this bank. But it is a difficult topic. The Sparkasse Leipzig cant change it because of the high cots for the many branches and cash machines. So they have to live with this weakness.
Another Weakness is the low digitization level. You know digitization is a very important point to be modern, digital and also attractive to the people. And other banks have a higher digitization level then the Sparkasse Leipzig and this is a weakness and a problem.

Opportunities
On the one side a Weakness, but on the other side an opportunity. Digitization. They have the chance to increase their level. To show the people, that they can digital und modern. Its important to be attractive to the people and keep up with the times.

Threats
There are two big threats the company have. On the one side are the online banks. The most online banks haven’t branches or lot of cash machines, but they also haven´t account fees. And therefore, people go to online banks. And the company lost customers.
On the other side is the low interest rate. The Company cannot offer a high interest rate and because of that it is difficult to animate customers for an appointment. They bank also has higher cots when a customer wants to deposit money. So the company must sell other bank products and this is more Today I’d like to give you an overview of the Company „Sparkasse Leipzig“.
For a few years I was a trainee in this company und they also hired me after my training. And because of that I have chosen this company for my presentation.

At first, I will show show, how my presentation is structured.

1. What does the company do?

2. Structure and area of operations

3. Numbers about the company

4. The social engagement

5. SWOT analysis

6. The company „Sparkasse Leipzig“ is a credit institution. Basically it is a credit institution like every other bank. The company operats bank business like:

• Processing of payment transactions
  • Receipt interest-bearing deposits
  • Pay loan
  • Business with shares
    But the company does a lot more than that. For exmaple:
  • If you want to deposit money, you get a current account and of course a debit card. And with this card you can withdraw money at the ATM or the Cashmachine
  • If you want to save money, you get a savings account with interests
  • If you need money you can get a loan or an overdraft for you current account
  • Also you can get credit cards, you can transfer money and so on
    The company makes also business in other areas. For that they cooperate with other Companies. For example:
  • They have a cooperation with the Company „LBS“ for mortgages or building savings accounts
  • A Cooperation with „DEKA“ for business with shares
  • And for insurances they cooperate with „Sparkassen Verischerung Sachsen “
  1. The Company is a institution under public law. Provider of this institution is „Sparkassenzweckverband“
    The area of operations includes the city „Leipzig“, the destrict „Nordsachsen“ and the district
    “Leipziger Land”. The company has one headquader at the city center.
    On that picture you can see the area of operations.

2. The numbers are from the year 2018. The balance sheet total is 9 billion euros and the profit is 17 million euro. The company has 1.500 employees and in the hole area of operations 75 branches. They has almost 600.000 costumers. But there are more interesting numbers about the Company. For example:

• 445.000 privat current accounts
  • 203.000 customers use Online banking
  • 35.500 commercial Customers and other companies
  1. The company is engaged in in their area of operations. 2018 they donate 5 million euros for example environmental protection, cultivation of the home region or for the preservation of historical monuments.
    For the company its also very important to support young people. Because of that the award scholarships or they support projects.

2. Now I want to tell you something about the SWOT analysis

Strengths
The first strength is that the company has plenty of branches and cash machines. So the Customers have a lot of opportunities to withdraw money or if they want an advice, they can
Go to the next branch. And I think that is a big Strength of the company against the other
banks.

The second strength is the social engagement. I said it bevor: the Company support a lot of people and associations and do a lot for the environment and culture in their area of operations. And I think it´s good for the Image of the company. People see it and they think” Okay this bank do something for Leipzig” and the decide to go to this bank.

Weaknesses
A Weakness is for sure the account fees. I have to explain it. Many people, which want a current account or something else look at first for the account fees. And if there a bank, who hasn´t fees they prefer this bank. But it is a difficult topic. The Sparkasse Leipzig cant change it because of the high cots for the many branches and cash machines. So they have to live with this weakness.
Another Weakness is the low digitization level. You know digitization is a very important point to be modern, digital and also attractive to the people. And other banks have a higher digitization level then the Sparkasse Leipzig and this is a weakness and a problem.

Opportunities
On the one side a Weakness, but on the other side an opportunity. Digitization. They have the chance to increase their level. To show the people, that they can digital und modern. Its important to be attractive to the people and keep up with the times.

Threats
There are two big threats the company have. On the one side are the online banks. The most online banks haven’t branches or lot of cash machines, but they also haven´t account fees. And therefore, people go to online banks. And the company lost customers.
On the other side is the low interest rate. The Company cannot offer a high interest rate and because of that it is difficult to animate customers for an appointment. They bank also has higher cots when a customer wants to deposit money. So the company must sell other bank products and this is more difficult.
difficult.

Hallo,

wenn es nur um einmal kurz drüber lesen ginge, wäre das ja kein Problem, aber um das zu einem vernünftigen Englisch werden zu lassen, ist eine komplette Überarbeitung erforderlich und das geht zumindest mir bei der Länge des Textes viel zu weit.

Gruß
C.

1 Like

Ist das 2x dasselbe in Grün?:flushed:

Hallo,
ich muss wiederholen was C_Punkt gesagt hat: da sind Fehler drinnen und eine ganze Menge Denglish. Da es sich um einen ziemlich langen Text handelt, übersteigt das bei Weitem dieZeit, die ich hier zum Beantworten von Fragen aufbringen kann / gewillt bin aufzubringen.

Eine Zusatzinformation, vor wem du den Vortrag halten musst und was das erwartete Engischniveau ist, wäre auch vonnöten, um dir überhaupt helfen zu können.

Montag ist wohl zu kurzfristig, dir bei jemandem im realen Leben Hilfe zu erfragen. Ansonsten geht es mir wie newcallas - der Text kommt mir sehr bekannt vor.

Cheerio, Goodbye, Toodle-oo, Hip Hip - good luck! (ich glaube, du brauchst das)

Siboniwe

1 Like

Bin zwar kein Englischprofi, versuche aber fast täglich in der Sprache zu lesen, zu schreiben und zu reden. Und bei dem Pamphlet sträuben sich mir schon ein bisschen die Nackenhaare - nicht nur des Englischen wegen.

Mitnichten. Der Text strotzt nur so vor Tipp-/Rechtschreib-/Grammatik-/Leichtsinnsfehlern, dass es keinen Spaß macht, dich auf alle hinzuweisen. Von den inhaltlichen Schwächen wollen wir mal gar nicht reden. Aber eine Anmerkung erlaube ich mir, damit wenigstens ein bisschen Spaß bleibt:

Imagine you are trapped in a room with no exit. There are neither doors nor windows. The walls, the floor and the ceiling are made of concrete, and all that you can find in the room is a thin plank. How would you escape?*

Ach ja, und…

CUSTOMER!!! Verdammt nochmal, der Kunde heißt customer! :rage:
Den costumer gibt’s auch, aber wenn deine Bank 600.000 costumers hat, dann würd ich sie schleunigst wechseln!
Sorry für den Ausbruch, aber dieser Fehler begegnet mir seit Jahren in unserer Firma und ich kann ihn einfach nicht mehr sehen…
Außerdem: They has? The company ist immer noch it. Und nur da muss s mit.

Na also, geht doch :unamused:

Gruß,

Kannitverstan

*) Lösung:
Take the plank and break it in two halves. Two halves make a whole, and through that hole you can get out.

„Drüberlesen“, das wurde schon gesagt, kann man bei einem so langen Text nicht.

Aber mal anders gefragt: Du bist doch dort „Ausländer“, und das weiß man sicher. Gehst Du davon aus, dass man von Dir absolut fehlerfreies Englisch verlangt? Einige Fehler, die hier im Schriftlichen ins Auge stechen wird man bei einem Vortrag überhören.

Ansonsten, na ja. Die Engländer haben mehr Erfahrung als wir im Zuhören von Ausländern.

Es wird aber bei dem Vortrag ganz sicher kein Engländer anwesend sein. Ganz offensichtlich wird der Vortrag im Rahmen einer betrieblichen Aus- oder Weiterbildung zur Übung gehalten. Keine noch so unbedeutende Sparkasse wird sich vor Ausländern dermaßen blamieren: Wenn es ernst ist, gibt man so einen Job jemandem, der ihn beherrscht. Und die Sparkasse Leipzig ist schon über „noch so unbedeutend“ hinaus.

Hier geht es um einen Grundlagenkurs „Englisch für Sparkassen-Angestellte“ - insofern ist es auch nicht so wichtig, wenn das Englisch nicht so besonders gut ist: Wichtig ist, dass die Kursteilnehmer sich überhaupt einmal „freischwimmen“ und in einer Fremdsprache vor Publikum reden, selbst wenn das Publikum nur die anderen Kursteilnehmer sind.

Wer als Bankangestellter mehr oder weniger regelmäßig berufliche englischsprachige Kontakte haben soll, wird (oder sollte zumindest werden) einige Wochen nach z.B. Swindon, Salisbury oder Exeter zum Bad in der Sprache geschickt…

Schöne Grüße

MM

Meinst du? Mir sieht das nach einer Schulaufgabe aus.

Ich glaube nicht, dass er über die eigene Firma spricht.
Und irgendwie glaube ich, wir hatten das schon mal…

Grüße
Siboniwe

War das nicht eine ‚Letter of motivation‘, ebenfalls an eine Sparkassenangestellte gerichtet?

Ist bei mir zu lange her und fremd geworden - für Schule scheint mir das schon zu speziell, ich zweifle ein bissele daran, ob ein Studienrat den unter 1. - 5. dargestellten Aufbau so hinkriegen würde, und inhaltlich glaube ich nicht, dass ein Oberschüler so konkret „im Leben“ steht, dass er in der Lage ist, die Geschäftsfelder eine Sparkasse zu skizzieren. Keine Schmähkritik, der Fremdsprachenunterricht an Schulen und die Ausbildung der Lehrer sind halt unverändert mehr auf Literatur ausgerichtet.

Schöne Grüße

MM

Schulaufgabe war weitgefasst, vielleicht jemand der eine Zusatzausbildung macht. Keine Ahnung, aber Spekulieren ist müßig. Eine Korrektur wäre zu aufwendig für ein Forum, nur ohne die Zusatzinfo eigentlich auch unmöglich.

Grüße
Siboniwe

Das ist freilich richtig! Welcher Maßstab hier anzulegen ist, hängt völlig von Zusammenhang und Funktion des Textes ab.

Schöne Grüße

MM

Hallo,

es gibt auch noch so etwas wie BERUFSschule, insofern kann das schon für den Englischunterricht in der Schule sein. :wink:

Es gibt in den meisten Ausbildungsberufen ein Lernfeld „Der Betrieb und sein Umfeld“ oder „Den Betrieb präsentieren und die betriebliche Zusammenarbeit mitgestalten“ oder so ähnlich, und das kann durchaus auch für Aufgaben von den Englisch-Kollegen genutzt werden, wobei ich das beim Bankkaufmann gerade nicht aufgelistet sehe.

Viele Grüße
Christa

Hier versteht man nicht, was du sagen willst.

Warst du vor ein paar Jahren dort, bist es jetzt aber nicht mehr? Dann heißt es, „a few years ago, I worked as a trainee…“

Bist du SEIT ein paar Jahren, und auch jetzt noch, dort?
Dann heißt es „for a few years I have been working as a trainee…“

Es kommen noch mehr Fehler, aber so wäre wenigstens klar, ob du überhaupt noch dort arbeitest…

Vielleicht meint er, dass er ein paar Jahre dort arbeitete und jetzt nicht mehr.